Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Lakers Out in the First Round

Some say that change is inevitable, that every dynasty must fall. It feels like just yesterday that the Los Angeles Lakers were racking up championships. I remember the yearly victory parades down Figeroa, Mark Madsen doing his crazy little dance, and Slava, shouting "I love LA!". Watching Mark Madsen dance brings me back to happier days...


So it's surprising when one realizes that they have won anything in over five years.

It's disappointing to have such a good start, peak in the middle and fade into the end of the season. After they surprisingly took Pheonix to seven games last year, I thought surely they would improve upon their performance and make it into the second round this year. I mean they weren't even predicted to make it into the playoffs last year.Yet, this season was a let down. They played 82 games to make it into the playoffs then the Lakers exited before I had a chance to blink.

Injures seem to be a common storyline, every season, I used to think that it was a case of bad luck. However, there are other teams in the league who suffer injuries and somehow keep winning. Perhaps,the Lakers lack the tallent and depth to make it deep into the later rounds.

No comments: